I made a decent sized mistake today that you may learn from.
- Our Admins just setup a PowerApps DEV Environment.
- Time to move all the apps in various stages of development to DEV and use the Default Env as PROD.
- Seems pretty straightforward:
1. Export app (and any Custom Connectors) from PROD
2. Switch to DEV env
3. Import app (and any Custom Connectors) into DEV
4. Save app
5. Share with the correct folks
6. Delete app from PROD
7. Repeat for each app until PROD is cleaned up
- Welp... theres a BIG catch
- When you export an app, it only exports the last PUBLISHED version
- Whats the big deal? Well... Turns out I had a few apps that were under fairly heavy development that I had just been SAVING... not PUBLISHING.
Lesson learned: STEP 1: PUBLISH then proceed.
Hope this helps!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.