cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Label Auto Height not working when inside a flexible height gallery inside a component

I can't get a label that is inside a flexible height gallery that is in a component to automatically adjust its height to the content using the autoheight property.  Anybody else have this problem?  Is this a known bug/limitation?  Any workarounds?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @csteig1230 ,

I am not able to reproduce the issue at my side would you mind send me a screenshot to help yu better.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

I don't know how I could provide a static screen shot to illustrate an action.  I create a component that has a flexible height gallery in it.  And in that flexible height gallery there is a label with the AutoHeight property set to true.  I can then add that component to one of my screens and pass it a table of values using an input property on the component that provides the values for those labels in that gallery.  When I do, that label always remains at the default height and does not grow or shrink its height to fit the label contents.

Hi @csteig1230,

As I said this is working smoothly for me. see the below screenshot for your reference.

Autoheight_1.png

Note: Auto height for the label will be disabled if you move the label or try to adjust the height of the label manually in the gallery. I believe that might have happened in your case, Just ensure that label property is enabled with auto height.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Did you test it inside a gallery that is inside a component?  AutoHeight on labels works fine for me when the label is not in a component, but it is not working when it is inside a gallery that is inside a component.

Hi @csteig1230 ,

It is a known bug that the label doesn't adjust the height inside a component. Create the formula on the screen to send the height for the label in the component.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (102,707)