cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPalaloga
Frequent Visitor

Label Name in Tooltip

For admin purpose, I would like to add the name (not the text value) of the label in to the Tooltip.
Is it possible?

I hope it is because I would be a nightmare to add manually for each label their label name in tooltip

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

It sounds like you are looking for a global solution, but I don't think there is one.  The only way to get the name of a label to show in the tooltip for that label is to edit the tooltip property of each label.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I was expecting a function like: This.Label and then I can select all labels and fill the tool tip with that function which would populate all with their individual label.

@CPalaloga 
The comments made by @Pstork1 are correct: there is no global solution 😞

We do have the SELF operator though that works just as you imagined the ThisItem operator would.

Self.Text

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

New thing learned today = Self.

But the Self. doesn't have the Label name.

@CPalaloga 
You're correct it doesn't, but at least you have not walked away empty-handed today:)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,969)