cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ez1138
Helper V
Helper V

Label Update, Not Saving...

Hi, from a "Customize Forms" within SharePoint, the magic happens on creating the app and finally replacing InfoPath (in part).  But now I've noticed (maybe just today) that I cannot change the label name within a card.  A label that I've added saves fine but not one within the card.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you show what's happening?

I had some sort of same issue. I had created a sharepoint list and mistyped something at creation.

I didn't see it untill I created the app. I changed the name in the Sharepoint list.

I've tried multiple times to change just the label of the field and save the app. Restarting the app, it changed back to the old label, even refreshing the data source didn't help.

What I needed to do is remove the field, click refresh data source, then re-add the field and he took the correct label.

Example original field in the Sharepoint list:

Name : VAAT Registration

Underlying datafield: VAAT_x0020_Registration

Changed Name to : VAT Registration

It always took VAAT Registration instead of VAT, until deleting the field, refresh data source, re-add field in the app.

But underlying datafield is still VAAT_x0020_Registration so I need to remove the field from the sharepoint list and create it again, then removing the field from the form in the app and add it again because the underlying name of the field is still the mistyped one.

Because we'll use another application to go check the data in the list and the developer might not know that it's VAAT field instead of VAT, he would kill me when he'll find out after hours Smiley Very Happy
But that's for later, first finishing other things 😉

Picture:

10.png

Thanks for the reply.

I unlocked the settings for that field on the right and it allowed me to save what I wanted in the DisplayName.  When I double-clicked the field name within the card it didn't do anything for me.  Once I unlocked and changed the DisplayName and CTRL-S'd, it worked.  I would assumed once unlocked I could also change it now on the form vs. the settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,815)