cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Language/dates

Since last update filter function in gallery, based on date, does not work any more in android app. Language datepicker calander is English in stead of dutch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Language/dates

Bug seems to be fixed in PowerApps Version 3.19062.19

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Similar Issue here since PowerApps Version 3.19061.12 (iOS and Android).

Everything works fine in a browser.

Everything works fine in PowerApps Version 3.19054.17.

Got a Form with DatePicker-Control.

Language Property: "de-DE"

Format Property: DateTimeFormat.ShortDate (tested "[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy" as well)

The DataCard.Update shows a different language/format.

Already tested different Datasources (SQL and SharePoint).

So i'm getting false values / errors when submitting the form.

PowerApp on Mobile (PowerApps Version 3.19061.12)PowerApp on Mobile (PowerApps Version 3.19061.12)PowerApp in a BrowserPowerApp in a Browser

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

On Android after updating the latest version of PowerApps the Language() function only returns en-US, even the Smartphone configured for pt-BR. This only happens in the app, the browse works normally. This problem affects date control and the decimal separator, which stays in the american standard even using outta language.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Marcos_Almeida 

There appears to be a few questions/posts on this particular issue.  Seemed that it was limited to iOS apps, but perhaps it is also the cause of your issue.

Just a little extra info for you in case it is related.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have an Iphone with powerapps in version 3.19051.17 is working everything normal. On android 3.19061.12 updated on 11/6 is that presents the problem. The point is not just to show the date. When you save a numerical value in powerapps, on an excel sheet in Onedrive, the value goes wrong in the worksheet, because of the decimal separator in pt-BR and en-US.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarcLippens ,

Please check whether your device meet the requirments:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

Try to recreate the app. If the problem still exists, this problem maybe mainly about the device.

Trt to ask for help here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-yutliu-msft 

Device requirements are OK.
In browsers everything works fine, in mobile app not.

Support ticket submitted.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the attention, but it is a bug of the android version 3.19061.12, Microsoft needs to solve urgently, my application is stopped. There is no way I can redo the application, it's very complex. Thank you.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I confirm the same issue. Since the last Powerapps update on iOS devices, the app is not respecting the region formatting I have set in all textboxes, it defaults to en-US (probably). Also, the Language() function returns "en-US" on iOS devices with the new app version, but "el-GR" (as it should be) on iOS devices with the old app version.

This is happening only in iOS devices.

Highly urgent issue, since the app cannot display calculations!!!

Highlighted

Bug seems to be fixed in PowerApps Version 3.19062.19

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,407)