cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xloren09
Frequent Visitor

Language() returns wrong value

Hello,
As of today, I have a problem with the Language () function. The function has stopped returning the actual environment language identifier and always returns "en-US" or "en", regardless of the browser language setting. I use the function to set the default localization in our customers' applications. Has anyone encountered the same problem? Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Thank you!
Marian

6 REPLIES 6
Maw59
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I have the same problem.

DerekPapworth
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @xloren09 

I've also have the same problem and looks like from yesterday although might be from before that.

It's a big issue for us as it affects input/update of any currency input field as when one applies the Value() function to the text of the field this would normally take into account the correct currency symbol (based of result of Language() internally) and hence in our case with en-GB an input of £12.34 is returned as 12.34 i.e. Value("£12.34") = 12.24 .. but now that return null/blank! 

I've found that using the mobile PowerApps (iOS & Android) all is ok as in our case Language() is correctly returning en-GB but when running in a browser (Edge, Chrome etc) it's now only returning en-US

This needs fixing quickly I hope!

Derek

Psycho
Regular Visitor

Hello, I have the Problem too. Its not only the false return of Language.

The complete values are in the wrong language (de-DE/en-US)

DerekPapworth
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @xloren09 @Psycho @Maw59 

Looks like the issue with Language() function has been now and checking this morning my app(s) it's returning the correct information - en-GB in my case.

Everyone else working all ok now?

Derek

DefinitelyNoBot
Helper I
Helper I

@DerekPapworth It was not the Language function itself but a general problem with the app language setting. Different formats (e.g. dates and decimal number) were affected as well, but it appears as if this bug was resolved by Microsoft. At least everything works for me again since this morning

See also this thread:

Hi @DefinitelyNoBot 

Good to hear all fixed for you too 🙂 

I think the general problems(s) were actually caused by the Language function issue as they (Value(), Text() etc) internally call the Language function (or probably the Graph API it calls) and hence in our case for instance the displaying of a number containing a currency symbol which was interpreted incorrectly as it contained a "£" which is invalid as en-US only allows $ . etc.

Anyway glad we're all back to normal!

Derek

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,524)