cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Language settings in chrome

Have there been any updates October 1st that makes the label language not applicable in powerapps when Chrome is set to another language? Suddenly the next button in our customers app did not work. And two of the english labels in the formula was marked as error. Changing my chrome settings from norwegian to english fixed this issue. But the app is live in several countries and we would like it to work regardless of which language is set in the browser settings. The app worked fine until today.. Please let me know if you have any solution for this issue other than every user needs to update their browser language. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Language settings in chrome

Hi @Gidske ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to create a multiple language canvas app on your side?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think multiple-language canvas app would be a choice for you. More details about cretaing a multiple language canvas app in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/building-multilingual-apps-in-powerapps/

On your side, you should define corresponding operations and display message within your app based on the different languages. e.g. set the Text property of the Label to following:

If(
    Right(Language(),2)="US",      /* <-- In US */
    "Hello",
    Right(Language(),2)="DE",      /* <-- In Germany */
    "Hallo",
    Right(Language(),2)="FR",     /* <-- In France */
    "Salut",
)

Please take a try to design your canvas app as a Multiple-language app based on above blog I mentioned, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Language settings in chrome

Thank you for replying @v-xida-msft . 

The screen language can be english, that is no problem. So the next button is named next and should not translate to norwegian, swedish etc. But two of the "labels" in the OnSelect formula is not working if browser settings is set to another language then English.

This is the whole formula on my Next button:

If(
IsEmpty(OrgData),
Set(
BrregInUse,
false
),
Set(
BrregInUse,
true
)
);
Set(
InputOrganisasjonsnr,
LookUp(
OrgData,
nationalRegistrationNumber <> "",
nationalRegistrationNumber
)
);
Set(
InputKundenavn,
LookUp(
OrgData,
nationalRegistrationNumber <> "",
name
)
);
If(
Not(
IsEmpty(
Filter(
SCADirPartyV2Entities,
'Organization number' = InputOrganisasjonsnr
)
)
),
Navigate(
Screen_CheckDuplicate,
ScreenTransition.Fade
),
If(
IsBlankOrError(
First(
Filter(
SCADirPartyV2Entities,
InputKundenavn in 'Organization name'
)
)
),
Navigate(
Screen_UserInput1,
ScreenTransition.Fade
),
Navigate(
Screen_CheckDuplicate,
ScreenTransition.Fade
)
)
)
//If(IsBlank(Filter(SCADirPartyV2Entities,'Organization number' = InputOrganisasjonsnr )),
//Navigate(Screen_UserInput1, ScreenTransition.Fade),Navigate(Screen_CheckDuplicate,ScreenTransition.Fade))

The labels marked in red are the ones causing me this issue related to language preferences in the browser settings. Perhaps there is a better way to write this code so it understands to look for the english label name regardless of personal language settings? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,393)