cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Engineershane
Regular Visitor

Large amount of Datacards (Slow) Looking for an alternative solution

Hi,

i was asked to build a custom form app with sharepoint as the database. My issue is that their is over 150 datacards and the app is unusable with delays. My plan is to remove all the lookup & choice column datacards and replace them with "text" (prefilled items etc) and a few other tricks to make usable.

But how do you guys go about building large forms with loads of custom datacards?

This form im building is replicating a excel file with say 40rows and 8 columns each with a different value (its a invoice spreadsheet) so i can reproduce this with powerbi and i can extrapolate every "cell" in powerbi etc and ill also have an export to pdf for analog signing (booo, and ewww paper, but thats what the client wants)

Really im looking for advice on how this is done? How did you do it?

I was thinking of replicating xero with the add row in the invoice section..

I have ways to do this and have been using this system since the beginning. however i wish to propose the idea to the client and would love some more ideas and options that may suit them and with powerbi as the selling point for the boss. Ive done this sort of thing before but with lots more data coming from a myriad of sources and not all of it coming from a single app..
1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Engineershane ,

Have you taken a try to split your data cards into multiple Edit forms?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, you could consider add multiple Edit forms in your app, then connect each Edit form to same SP List data source. Within each Edit form, enable different field data cards.

Note: You could add multiple screens in your app, in each screen, add a Edit form.

Then when you want to patch your multiple forms data back to your SP List, please consider take a try with the following formula:

Set the OnSave property of SharePointIntegration control to following:

If(
   EditForm1.Mode = FormMode.New && EditForm2.Mode = FormMode.New && EditForm3.Mode = FormMode.New && ....,
   Patch(
         'Your SP List',
          Defaults('Your SP List'),
          EditForm1.Updates,
          EditForm2.Updates,
          EditForm3.Updates,
   ),
   EditForm1.Mode = FormMode.Edit && EditForm2.Mode = FormMode.Edit && EditForm3.Mode = FormMode.Edit && ....,
   Patch(
         'Your SP List',
         SharePointIntegration.Selected,
         EditForm1.Updates,
         EditForm2.Updates,
         EditForm3.Updates,
   )
)

Set the OnNew property of SharePointIntegration control to following:

NewForm(EditForm1);NewForm(EditForm2);NewForm(EditForm3);...

Set the OnEdit property of SharePointIntegration control to following:

EditForm(EditForm1);EditForm(EditForm2);EditForm(EditForm3);...

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,222)