cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaticFanatic
Frequent Visitor

Large list and searching

Hello.

I have a large Sharepoint online list - approx 25K records.

I have a team that inputs data into this list using a customised form. This includes a lot of columns that contains sensitive data.

What I would like to do is create a form or something where all other users can search for records with it returning a trimmed down list with sensitive columns removed.

Whenever I try the form create but cannot retrieve anything from the list due to a restriction on the size of list.

Can anyone help and does that make sense !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello..

Yeah I just want to display a single record.......  I probably not explained it well 🙂

I have a list that has 25 columns and approx 25000 rows

I want someone to open a form, search for a single record - i.e. on forename and then that record displayed in the form (albeit with only a few columns from the master list)

If I use the filter option I get this (Even though I only want to return 1 record) - however it works fine in Preview mode !

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Vetting failed: The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold. clientRequestId: 7d7e8687-db00-4003-9710-56125230479e serviceRequestId: 7d7e8687-db00-4003-9710-56125230479e

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @LaticFanatic ,

Can you please explain what you mean by "try the form create"? 

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hello

I basically want the end users to search on forename or surname to retrieve a particular record without seeing the full record returned

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @LaticFanatic ,

I'm a bit confused because a form is usually used to display the details of a single record. 

Galleries are ususally used to display an overview of records. The data that is displayed in there can be limited by using the ShowColumns function in the Items property of the gallery, for instance:

Filter(
    ShowColumns(
        DataSourceName,
        "FirstName",
        "LastName"
    ),
    StartsWith(FirstName, SearchField.Text) || StartsWith(LastName, SearchField.Text)
)

The above example also includes a delegable filter to search for the first and last name.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hello..

Yeah I just want to display a single record.......  I probably not explained it well 🙂

I have a list that has 25 columns and approx 25000 rows

I want someone to open a form, search for a single record - i.e. on forename and then that record displayed in the form (albeit with only a few columns from the master list)

If I use the filter option I get this (Even though I only want to return 1 record) - however it works fine in Preview mode !

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Vetting failed: The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold. clientRequestId: 7d7e8687-db00-4003-9710-56125230479e serviceRequestId: 7d7e8687-db00-4003-9710-56125230479e

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,052)