cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdcastorena
Helper I
Helper I

Launch DocuSign when button is pressed in PowerApps

Good evening, I had a previous post on this, but not seeing the the solution at it's simplest; i.e., the MS Docs link provided gives information and suggests solutions and functionality which are way above and beyond what we're looking for. We simply want to have the ability to press a button in our PowerApp to launch the respective document from a list into DocuSign (whether browser or desktop client). Then from there, it's up to the user to figure out the rest. I've got 90% of the app built out, just need to know what the Launch parameters would be, if that's the solution. 

Tagging @yashagarwal as I've just finished watching his awesome, in-depth DocuSign integration videos. 

As always, thank you!

Morghan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdcastorena 

Documents are going to be in Docusign only. But only the Document link or URL that needs to be stored in Sharepoint. So that document can be opened when the user clicks the URL from PowerApps.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdcastorena 

Set OnSelect property of the button/link to

Launch("https://account.docusign.com/")

StalinPonnusamy_0-1632538855248.png

Thank you @StalinPonnusamy  - what if I wanted to open the selected document from the gallery in DocuSign?

2021-09-28_10-10-08.jpg

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdcastorena 

From each link, launch the document URL like below

Launch(ThisItem.DocuSignDocumentURL)

Similar to this

Launch("https://app.docusign.com/documents/details/50c0849c-cge5-4bf3-9707-0002d4fd65a0")

This will ask the user to sign if not done already.

The above document, I just tested and it's promoting to sign in.

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdcastorena 

Add another parameter 

Launch(ThisItem.'DocumentURL',LaunchTarget.New);

Sorry, I am not super familiar with DocuSign. Is the DocumentURL coming from the document already being uploaded into DocuSign? How will this work if I just have one button "Open in DocuSign" (Changed from "Download Template" in previous screenshots)?

Thank you so much for your guidance,

Morghan

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi Morghan,

We can't directly display the documents from DocuSign in PowerApps. We have a workaround but takes time to develop. I suggest redirecting the user to Docusign and the user will do the rest in Docusign.

If this case works for you then,  Set OnSelect of the button (Download Template) 

Launch("https://app.docusign.com/templates",LaunchTarget.New);

@StalinPonnusamy Hmm, something is still not happy; error below. To answer your question, that is exactly what we want - just to have the document that's being stored in SharePoint open up in DocuSign as a new file and let the user do what they need to from there. 

"Invalid number of arguments. Received 2, expected an odd number."

2021-09-28_13-29-06.jpg

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @mdcastorena 

Here is the correct one. Second one is optional parameters.

Launch("https://app.docusign.com/templates", {},LaunchTarget.New)

2021-09-28_14-34-36.jpg

@StalinPonnusamy Great so it is opening to Templates, but how can I get it to open the actual document within DocuSign? Right now, it just takes me to the Templates screen. Do all these Contracts I'm storing in SharePoint need to be added as Templates in DocuSign?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,707)