Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Launch OneDrive application

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to launch onedrive application, from within powerapps?

I know the OndeDrive connector is only supposed to connect toa  excel/table datasource oinside onedrive, but navigating through files and folders, natively, isn't possible.

Thank you,

Luis Santos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi,

On my android phone, if I hook up a button with this (Launch("https://onedrive.live.com")) in the OnSelect, it launches the one drive application.

Thanks

Cherie

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you have the web address of the OneDrive you should be able to launch it using the Launch() command. Take a look at this page to learn more about the launch function.

Download, Launch, and Param functions in PowerApps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jeff, but Launch can only Launch other powerapps (providing its ID), or launch the webbrowser (providing an URL).

In the latter, the mobile phone browser will decide what to do, and that depends on how it is configured. If it's a document that you have an app, and you confiigured to open in app, then the browser will force that address to open in the appropriate app.

I don't beleive there's any URL that forces the browser to open OneDrive app.

regards,

Luis Santos

Highlighted

Hi,

You can use the launch function and pass it the link to one drive. If you have the one drive application installed on your computer the one drive app will launch.

Thanks

Cherie

Highlighted

Hi Cherie,

I don't hve any specific link. The business requirement is to open in the OneDricve landing page. How can onoe accomplish that?

Thank you,

Luis Santos (lsantos or skyblue)

Highlighted

Hi,

On my android phone, if I hook up a button with this (Launch("https://onedrive.live.com")) in the OnSelect, it launches the one drive application.

Thanks

Cherie

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I have a similar requirement.

I'd like to use a data field in PowerApps to open a particular subfolder in OneDrive for Business.

Running on an iOS device, your launch command does open the OneDrive App, but once the App is open, it launches Safari and is going to the personal One Drive page.

Any idea how to jig this a bit more?

When I open OneDrive for Business in a web browser, I'm seeing a web address with SharePoint in it.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted

I believe if you use the sharepoint link that you see, it will open the one drive for business app.

Highlighted

Afraid not 😞

That sharepoint link opened in Safari, didnt even attempt to flash up in OneDrive first.

I'm sure there is a way - Googling is hard, because searches including OneDrive bring up so many results.

Highlighted

To generate the link you have to click the Get a Link button. I believe the browser url itself cannot be used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,010)