cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Launch OneDrive application

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to launch onedrive application, from within powerapps?

I know the OndeDrive connector is only supposed to connect toa  excel/table datasource oinside onedrive, but navigating through files and folders, natively, isn't possible.

Thank you,

Luis Santos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

On my android phone, if I hook up a button with this (Launch("https://onedrive.live.com")) in the OnSelect, it launches the one drive application.

Thanks

Cherie

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

If you have the web address of the OneDrive you should be able to launch it using the Launch() command. Take a look at this page to learn more about the launch function.

Download, Launch, and Param functions in PowerApps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jeff, but Launch can only Launch other powerapps (providing its ID), or launch the webbrowser (providing an URL).

In the latter, the mobile phone browser will decide what to do, and that depends on how it is configured. If it's a document that you have an app, and you confiigured to open in app, then the browser will force that address to open in the appropriate app.

I don't beleive there's any URL that forces the browser to open OneDrive app.

regards,

Luis Santos

Hi,

You can use the launch function and pass it the link to one drive. If you have the one drive application installed on your computer the one drive app will launch.

Thanks

Cherie

skyblue
Regular Visitor

Hi Cherie,

I don't hve any specific link. The business requirement is to open in the OneDricve landing page. How can onoe accomplish that?

Thank you,

Luis Santos (lsantos or skyblue)

Hi,

On my android phone, if I hook up a button with this (Launch("https://onedrive.live.com")) in the OnSelect, it launches the one drive application.

Thanks

Cherie

PowerTrav
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar requirement.

I'd like to use a data field in PowerApps to open a particular subfolder in OneDrive for Business.

Running on an iOS device, your launch command does open the OneDrive App, but once the App is open, it launches Safari and is going to the personal One Drive page.

Any idea how to jig this a bit more?

When I open OneDrive for Business in a web browser, I'm seeing a web address with SharePoint in it.

Thanks 🙂

I believe if you use the sharepoint link that you see, it will open the one drive for business app.

PowerTrav
Frequent Visitor

Afraid not 😞

That sharepoint link opened in Safari, didnt even attempt to flash up in OneDrive first.

I'm sure there is a way - Googling is hard, because searches including OneDrive bring up so many results.

To generate the link you have to click the Get a Link button. I believe the browser url itself cannot be used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,986)