cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bke1984
Frequent Visitor

Launch Power App in Browser with Parameters

Is there a way to laucnh a PowerApp via the browser URL with parameter that will change how the app behaves? 

i.e. 

https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/app?source=portal&appId=%2fproviders%2fMicrosoft.PowerApps%2fapp...]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, when the Launch() function generates the URL, the parameters are inserted as query parameters in the final URL. You can do the same with your Flow, but since you are creating your own URL, it will likely need to be updated when our URL scheme is finalized.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Michael
Microsoft
Microsoft

Yes, this is currently in flux, but there is a Launch() function you can use within PowerApps that can currently accept an app ID for the app you want to launch. This will also accept parameters which you can define in the launched app using the Param(paramName) function. More information about these functions can be found here.

At the moment, the link that is generated differs depending on the destination and platform. Work is being done to unify these links to enable you to easily create and use your own URL as you are describing.

bke1984
Frequent Visitor

OK, but say I wanted to launch a Power App from Flow using the URL from the Power Apps gallery. IIs there a way to apply parameters to that URL that will change  how the app behaves once the URL is laucnhed?

Yes, when the Launch() function generates the URL, the parameters are inserted as query parameters in the final URL. You can do the same with your Flow, but since you are creating your own URL, it will likely need to be updated when our URL scheme is finalized.

View solution in original post

bke1984
Frequent Visitor

OK, thank you. Just curious on the general timeframe for the URL scheme...is this something coming out in the next couple months or farther out?

This will be out in the next couple months.

bke1984
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

Would you know if I can pass a query string into Power Apps? So image I have URL to the app that ends in ?ID=1 - can I pass the ID value into one of the Power Apps Text Fields?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Audrie

Yes, values from the query string can be accessed in an app using the Param(paramName) function. For your example, Param("ID") would resolve to "1" and could be used as the value of your Text field.

This works only in PowerApps studio and not in the browser. Any idea if Microsoft is yet to implement the feature or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Anton

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,500)