cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashakar
Frequent Visitor

Launch SMS with a body not working for android

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help.  No matter what I've tried I cannot get the Launch(sms:XXXXXXXXXX  and the body section) to work on android (Samsung - just in case the native SMS app is doing something).

It launches the sms app but the text section remains blank.  I've tried ,body,    and also   &body=  but with no luck.  Has anyone got a solution?  It would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ashakar ,

you can use the formula below for Launching an SMS app on Mobile.

Launch("sms://555555555")

Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

Hi Vijay.

I know how to launch SMS - my question was how do I automatically inserting text into the body of the SMS - it won't work.

@Ashakar

TTry this 

Launch(“SMS:” & txtNumber.Text,”body”,txtMessage.Text)

That should be the Syntax for Android. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi PowerRanger,

No luck unfortunately.  I can launch the SMS but the body remains blank.

Just to clarify - I'm setting up a template - so it will be the same mobile number and message every time.

Trying this didn't work: Launch("SMS:XXXXXXXXXX","body","Hi there")

@Ashakar

FFor me it is working with this Formular using the Powerapps App for Android. When launching via Browser nothing happens. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

tod_story

Hi Ashakar,

Were you ever able to get this to work? I was trying it and having the same experience of not being able to populate the body of the text using any of the methods I'd found so far.

Ashakar
Frequent Visitor

Hi tod_story,

Never could get it to work - can launch a SMS but the body is blank.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,290)