cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeFaccini
Helper I
Helper I

Launch a desktop action through a button on power apps

Greetings everyone, I want to know if it is possible to make power apps start an action in the desktop context. Specifically, I want to access a specific directory on my company´s intranet, through a button on power apps. 

On my app, I will have a gallery containing all the contracts that my company is currently working on. After selecting a specific contract, I will get to another screen showing its fields of information, and a button that when clicked opens the directory in the intranet, through the windows file explorer, where its files are stored.

At a first moment, I built a field in my SP list to store the directory address of the contract, which will be manually imputed by the user, but I can't find a way to make power apps launch a desktop action.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps. This is a security issue, no different than web pages being able to access content on your hard drive.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

What you are trying to do is not possible. A Power App cannot launch desktop applications. You can launch other Power Apps, or web pages, but not desktop apps.

Regards,

-S

Regards,

-S

Sad to hear that, but thanks a lot for the information!

Best regards!

Perhaps. This is a security issue, no different than web pages being able to access content on your hard drive.

Regards,

-S

Regards,

-S

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,216)