Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Launch function not working in Gallery

Hello,

I am trying to add a button to a gallery that opens a website depending on the gallery item. When I click the button, nothing happens. If I use:

OnSelect = Launch("www.google.com")

Outside of the gallery, it works as expected. If I put that exact button inside of a gallery, nothing happens when it is selected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Launch function not working in Gallery

I had the gallery display mode set to "view", not "edit"...

Even though the button's setting was correct, and it was showing it being clicked on, it was being overridden by the gallery's view only setting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

It works for me. I wonder if maybe you are covering up the button with another control so you cannot actually press the button? Screenshot maybe? 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had the gallery display mode set to "view", not "edit"...

Even though the button's setting was correct, and it was showing it being clicked on, it was being overridden by the gallery's view only setting.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,405)