cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed-Alsuhail
Frequent Visitor

Launch function not working in an App within Power BI

Hi all,

I am working on my first app. The app has a gallery which contains a button with the following in the OnSelect field:

Launch("Mailto:"&'Modified By'.Email&"?subject=Hello&body=%0ALast modified by: "&ThisItem.'Modified By'.DisplayName&" on "&Modified&"%0AComment:%0A"& TextInput1.Text)

This works as expected in PowerApps but the button doesn't do anything when clicked within Power BI. Everything else in the app works as expected within Power BI (i.e.: filtering using Power BI, writing back to SP list). Does Launch work in an app within PBI and/or is their a better way to do the above?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ahmed-Alsuhail ,

Yes, I can also reproduce your issue. It is not supported to launch Outlook client in PowerApps Visual from PowerBI.

As an alternative workaround, please try with launch Online Outlook.

Launch("https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink/compose?realm=example.com&to={TestAccount@Domain.com}&subject={Subject goes here}&body={Body goes here}")

Snipaste_2020-05-04_10-31-01.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ahmed-Alsuhail
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I've done more research and there seems to be nothing around this, can an app not trigger such actions within Power BI?

Thanks

Hi @Ahmed-Alsuhail ,

Yes, I can also reproduce your issue. It is not supported to launch Outlook client in PowerApps Visual from PowerBI.

As an alternative workaround, please try with launch Online Outlook.

Launch("https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink/compose?realm=example.com&to={TestAccount@Domain.com}&subject={Subject goes here}&body={Body goes here}")

Snipaste_2020-05-04_10-31-01.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

kman42
Helper II
Helper II

I just ran into this issue today and it is so frustrating. I completed the app in PowerApps and it works perfectly, but when viewing the visual in PowerBI, nothing happens when I click the button. Why does this not work? Just launch the default email client like you are supposed to when executing the mailto: url.  Please fix this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,869)