cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Launch function not working in an App within Power BI

Hi all,

I am working on my first app. The app has a gallery which contains a button with the following in the OnSelect field:

Launch("Mailto:"&'Modified By'.Email&"?subject=Hello&body=%0ALast modified by: "&ThisItem.'Modified By'.DisplayName&" on "&Modified&"%0AComment:%0A"& TextInput1.Text)

This works as expected in PowerApps but the button doesn't do anything when clicked within Power BI. Everything else in the app works as expected within Power BI (i.e.: filtering using Power BI, writing back to SP list). Does Launch work in an app within PBI and/or is their a better way to do the above?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Launch function not working in an App within Power BI

Hi @Ahmed-Alsuhail ,

Yes, I can also reproduce your issue. It is not supported to launch Outlook client in PowerApps Visual from PowerBI.

As an alternative workaround, please try with launch Online Outlook.

Launch("https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink/compose?realm=example.com&to={TestAccount@Domain.com}&subject={Subject goes here}&body={Body goes here}")

Snipaste_2020-05-04_10-31-01.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I've done more research and there seems to be nothing around this, can an app not trigger such actions within Power BI?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ahmed-Alsuhail ,

Yes, I can also reproduce your issue. It is not supported to launch Outlook client in PowerApps Visual from PowerBI.

As an alternative workaround, please try with launch Online Outlook.

Launch("https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink/compose?realm=example.com&to={TestAccount@Domain.com}&subject={Subject goes here}&body={Body goes here}")

Snipaste_2020-05-04_10-31-01.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I just ran into this issue today and it is so frustrating. I completed the app in PowerApps and it works perfectly, but when viewing the visual in PowerBI, nothing happens when I click the button. Why does this not work? Just launch the default email client like you are supposed to when executing the mailto: url.  Please fix this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,419)