Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmistry
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Launch in same tab for powerapps save button

Hi Folks,

I have an issue with my simple powerapp. On save button, i want to use Launch ("urladdress") to redirect to a page, upon using , it works but opens up in a separate window. can I add something to allow it to open in same window? Please share thoughts. i have been reading about launchtarget but could not get it to work, please help.

8 REPLIES 8
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@dmistry 

This feature is in preview currently. Check if it is available in your region? If it is, you can follow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-param#target

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

thanks @yashag2255 , is this an experimental or preview feature? I have all toggled on for preview features, any help?

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@dmistry 

This is a preview feature and should be available directly. Can you try to update your expression as per below mentioned expression:

Launch( "http://bing.com/search",
{},
LaunchTarget.Replace )

If you do not have any parameters to pass, leave the second argument as is.

Note: This does not work in Edit mode, you can test it out in the Play mode after publishing the application.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

thanks a lot @yashag2255 , it still opens up in a new tab, thoughts?

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@dmistry 

I tried the expression myself and it does not work for me in Edit mode, but when I played the app in a new browser window after publishing the app, it worked. Can you try to check the same?

Hope this Helps!

thanks @yashag2255 , in my case, i have modified the exisitng sharpeoint edit form using powerapps so technically its not a standalone powerapp. Thoughts? May be that is why its not working?

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @dmistry 

If that is case, can you try to publish the form, go back to SharePoint and then test the behavior?

Hope this Helps!

Hi @yashag2255

I am working on something similar to @dmistry where I am creating the app on power apps, publishing it, the uploading it to SharePoint. When I click the button it still opens in another tab. Do you have any possible solutions for this? Is it just a SharePoint thing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,564)