cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spatel24991
Frequent Visitor

Launching Outlook Calendar From PowerApps

Hi,

I am trying to launch User Desktop Outlook Calendar when clicked a button in power apps. I don't want to caputer any information back from it, but pass information like Date and input text from PowerApps to Outlook. I tried using "Launch("https://outlook.office.com/owa/?path=/calendar/action/compose&body= Meeting Type: " & DataCardValue9.Selected.Value & "&to=" & User.Email & "&StartTime="& DataCardValue4.SelectedDate)". However, this opens the outlook in web browser rather then opening the desktop Outlook Calendar. Can anyone help with this?

9 REPLIES 9
CNT
Super User
Super User

@spatel24991 Launch() can be used only to launch a Web Page and not Windows programs from PowerApps.

This is a limitation due to security reasons.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@spatel24991 

Yes, you can launch Windows apps as long as they have a URI associated with them.

You will not be able to open Outlook and specifically go to the calendar screen.

You can see a list of most all of the URI's you can launch at this link.

There is an outlookcal: , but it really opens the Windows calendar app.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi @RandyHayes I couldn't get it working. For example, what code would you use to start the calculator.

Thanks RandyHayes for quick response. I have been able to open Outlook by using Launch(mailto:'email@domain.com') command and setting Outlook as default program to open file like this. I am looking for similar command which might open calendar in desktop outlook directly.

@CNT 

Launch("calculator:")

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@spatel24991 

There is no URI that will open the Outlook Desktop Application to the calendar screen.  The best you will get for calendars is the Windows 10 Calendar app.   Launch("outlookcal:")

@RandyHayes Thanks!

Kathrin68

Hi, where did you find the documentation for the Hyperlink you used to call the outlook online app? @spatel24991 

vinood2000

Hi,

I am using Office365Outlook.GetEventsCalendarViewV3 to get calendar events, when i use Launch(ThisItem.Weblink),

sometimes it is loading the specific event details and mostly it is loading only the month view. Please let me know how to overcome this issue,

Thanks,

Vinod

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,860)