cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHD001
Frequent Visitor

Launching PowerApps from Excel/Word via Link

Hello, I'm currently experiencing issues launching my apps from Excel and Word - when I go to details and copy the app's web link and paste that in an Excel or Word doc I receive the following error in the URL bar https://apps.powerapps.com/error/427

As well as the following visual:

SHD001_0-1667787413109.png

Is there any work around for this? I've never encountered this issue before.

16 REPLIES 16
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

I am sure that should work. Have you tried using the url you get from hitting the tree dots next to an app and then clicking details? There should be an app link there if it is a canvas app.

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

SHD001
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have tried that

SHD001
Frequent Visitor

I should also note, this is not just a me issue alone, everyone in my organisation is experiencing the same issue

This sounds like something different. Do you have an error message? Is your company using a firewall or proxy that is blocking some of the traffic and requests?

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

SHD001
Frequent Visitor

Nope, no error message on screen besides what's in the URL - error 427. I'm not aware of any firewalls or proxy's that would be blocking some of these requests, none of us have encountered this issue prior to Friday last week. The link still launches as normal from the Power Platform and even from Outlook, just not apps like word or excel

SHD001
Frequent Visitor

Issue is still occurring today - any further guidance would be great.

rx1634

Hi, Any update on this? I am having the same issue.

Troubleshoot222

We ran into this "Error 427" issue. (Very strange). 
In our scenario - this was the case for Office 2016 and Office 2019 installs. 
After upgrading the Office version to the 'latest' Office 365 install the issue was resolved. 

MikeMitchell
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the 427 error as well but only when trying to launch the PowerApp from the desktop version of Word.  The link works fine when viewing the same Word doc within Teams.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,547)