cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Leave Request APP - How to Exlude Holidays from User request

Hi guys,

Iam new at powerapps, and have setup the LR Template from powerapps, and now iam strugling to implemente a formula that exclude all days that i have on my HolidaysCollection when a user try to request a leave, need a help to create a formula and step-by-step how to implemented.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Red8aron ,

The Leave Request Template has already implemented the function of excluding the Holidays. Please navigate to the OnSelect property of LeaveStartDatePicker in NewRequestScreen, the _requestedDays variable is the request days you want.

Notice that the holiday collection is hardcoded in OnStart property of App, it stores the holiday of 2018, you need to update for the holiday date of this year.

Snipaste_2020-08-13_15-48-42.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Red8aron ,

The Leave Request Template has already implemented the function of excluding the Holidays. Please navigate to the OnSelect property of LeaveStartDatePicker in NewRequestScreen, the _requestedDays variable is the request days you want.

Notice that the holiday collection is hardcoded in OnStart property of App, it stores the holiday of 2018, you need to update for the holiday date of this year.

Snipaste_2020-08-13_15-48-42.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @v-siky-msft 

Frist sorry for double posting i didnt notice i have posted this topic twice, and thanks for your help, now i had another question, i cant find the holiday collection on my onstart (What hardcode means?) i have create my own, but i want to know how i can change the holiday content without modify the excel file?

Highlighted

Hi @Red8aron ,

A lot of ways. You can use Gallery to list all holidays and use EditForm to submit modification on it, Or use Patch/Update function to do this.

The easiest way is to create another app from your data, then it will generate a basic app automatically for you to perform CURD on table data.

Snipaste_2020-08-13_17-46-26.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,720)