cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIGHSKI
Frequent Visitor

Leave Request App

Hi,

I'm trying to create leave request, for my apps I have 2 screen (dashboard and request), I trying to show leave balance for each user and their request status on the dashboard page.

My question is: Is any way to set auto update for leave balance on the dashboard after user submit request and it's got approved.

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Mister_Shaik
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @MIGHSKI ,

If your app is connected to a data source, then it will automatically get the latest data from it and show the approved requests.

But I'm assuming you're looking for something that feels more Live, which means users should be able to see that their request got approved without reloading the app. You can try one of the solutions below,

1. Provide a refresh Icon on dashboard and on the OnSelect property, use a Refresh function to get latest data. Also make sure to reinitialize your collections to keep them updated
    1. Icon.PNG
  2. Use a timer (for x seconds/minutes) and use it to refresh the data source after certain intervals.
    Make sure to set the AutoStart property to true, Duration to your preferred interval, and the visible property of timer control to false to hide it. In the onTimerEnd or OnTimerStart use your refresh functions.
    Timer.PNG

You can implement the same in many other ways, depending on your preference, like the user changes a filter or transitions between screens etc.,

Hope this helps 🙂

Kind Regards,

Shaik Sha

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,350)