cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Leave Request Power App Template

I am attempting to edit the Leave Request Template Power Apps from Microsoft. I'm having several issues when customizing to fit my organization's needs that I'm hoping someone can help me with. 

1. Editing Template Provided Collections: On the Company Holiday Screen , I need to edit the collection to adjust for my company's holidays.
    1. When I go to File -> collections, I do not see / have the option to edit the collection here.
    2. I also tried editing the collection in the fx bar under the app in tree view, but the changes do not reflect on the company holiday screen. (see photo)
  2. Change Approver Screen: On the Change Approver screen via preview Template mode (Leave Request Template), I am able to change the person I want to submit my PTO request too. However, when I go to test / preview now that I have created the app, it does not let me select & return back to previous screen anymore.
    1. I see this error in app checker (see photo): Use of functions that can change the screen or exit the app within the Concurrent function is not allowed.
    2. What do I need to change via Concurrent() formula or another formula to make this work again? 

Thanks for help in advance! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) You edit that collection in the App ONStart property of the App object as you showed in #2.  Make sure you use the Run OnStart from the context menu of the App object after making the changes to recreate the Holiday collection and have them show in the app.

2) That's a mistake in the original template.  YOu can't do a Back() function that would leave the screen inside a Concurrent() function on the screen. Put the Back() outside the Concurrent function like this.

Concurrent(
    Set(_selectedApprover, ThisItem),
    Set(_selectedApproverPhoto, Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Id))

);Back();

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) You edit that collection in the App ONStart property of the App object as you showed in #2.  Make sure you use the Run OnStart from the context menu of the App object after making the changes to recreate the Holiday collection and have them show in the app.

2) That's a mistake in the original template.  YOu can't do a Back() function that would leave the screen inside a Concurrent() function on the screen. Put the Back() outside the Concurrent function like this.

Concurrent(
    Set(_selectedApprover, ThisItem),
    Set(_selectedApproverPhoto, Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Id))

);Back();

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thank you! This solved both of my issues!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,514)