Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dB4
Helper III
Helper III

Leave Request Template - Edit types of Leave

Hello all,

We are in the process to deply the PowerApps template of Leave requests within our org.

Can you please assist me on how to remove completely from the template some leave types?

From the OnStart i've left only the below

LeaveTypeCollection, 
        Table(
                {
                    type:"Vacation Leave", 
                    icon:vacation,
                    iconselected:'vacation-selected',
                    description:
                    "Vacation leave is provided to all employees for the purpose of rest, relaxation, and to attend to personal affairs. Vacation balance is acquired over time and can be used at any time."
                }
                {
                    type:"Sick Leave", 
                    icon:'sick-leave', 
                    iconselected:'sick-leave-selected',
                    description:"Sick leave may be used for your own illness or medical/dental appointments or for the illness or medical/dental appointments of family members. Sick leave can also be used to address the psychological, physical, or legal aspects of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or other crime. You may not use sick leave for vacation purposes. Some cities and states have specific laws governing sick leave that allow use of sick leave to care for other family members."
                }

On 'About' section and on New request i can see only these two types,

BUT, on 'My Leave Balance' all types are visible.

15 REPLIES 15
Chulani

Hi All, 

Couple of questions if you could help me out here

1. I have tried editing the leave balance on the App OnStart but still the default values are being displayed? Any idea why this is happening?
  2. How does the leaves get updated for the other users? I have been able  to access the excel in OneDrive and updated the leave balances for a user but it does not reflect in the powerapp. 

I have been breaking my head on this but to no avail. I'd be grateful for any help.   

Thank You.

Chulani

EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you!

I'm doing a full color change of the app and the last thing I have to change is the datepickers once the calendar opens up, you do not happen to know where those color settings are do you? I've ben looking for hours it seems.

1. if you "make it your own app" - a banner prompt at the top of the app when you first launch, the leave balances are written to an excel file (data.xslx) on your OneDrive.  You will have to manually update the values in there after they are first written.   I recommend going into the view -> data sources and refreshing the connections to the excel tables.

2. make sure the data.xslx is "shared - with write ability" with the other users you wish to use the app.

Hazem-Hassan
Regular Visitor

Any idea on how to change the icons as well? they are locked in this collection ....

zmm14
Helper III
Helper III

Hello,

For the past 3 weeks I have tried to edit the Leave Request Template offer in power app.

Specifically Leave Type and Balance

In Leave Type we need:

Vacation - 22 days

Sick Leave - 18 days

Rollover Days (Days left from previous years) - up to 40 days

Half Day 1 (from 8:30 am - 12: 30 noon) - not yet set

Half Day 2 (from 12:30 noon to 4:30 afternoon) - not yet set

Maternity Leave - 90 days

I follow the instructions and nothing work. Not even just trying to modify the vacation days amount.

Don't know what to do!!!

Please someone help me, pleassseeee

***I apologize for any spelling/grammar mistake as English is not my 1st language***

zmm14
Helper III
Helper III

I finally could change the values going to the excel on onedrive and the updating it as it was instructed previously here. My other question is how to create or modify the leaves example Floating Holiday for Rollover days (22 days from previous vacations) or Jury Duty for Maternity Leave? In my country we don't have Jury Duty, Bereavement or Floating Holidays.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,369)