cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjamal
Helper I
Helper I

Leave-Request Template: Request Details ist not visible after I change DataSource from Excel to SharePoint

Hi

I am working in PowerApps "leave-Request". I changed Data Sources from Excel to Sharepoint List ( My App was first connected with Excel). I have one Problem: Request Details ist not visible (see Picture). I can't approve or decline the request.

anyone has any Idea ?

bjamal_0-1631517479227.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bjamal
Helper I
Helper I

I find the Problem. PowerApps take the original Name in SharePoint List (Balance)  Title ( as EmployeeEmail"  in SharePointList) is created as a Title. Even I renamed It in SharePoint to "EmployeeEmail".  The Problem was "GalleyRequests" in On select Probperty.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bjamal ,

Could you please share more details ?

Formula used in the label field 

Your SharePoint Request Details column type. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

bjamal
Helper I
Helper I

I create first Lists in SharePoint. Then I create the Template Leave request and I choose  to save data in Excel. All work fine. Then I add Sharepoint Lists ( as in Excel: Leave, Holidays, Balance) as Data Source. I compare alle formulas wiht normal App, alle are the same.

bjamal_0-1631518558520.png

leave

bjamal_1-1631518604772.png

Could you please share what formula you added in the label ?  

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

bjamal
Helper I
Helper I

ok.. In wich Label exact ?

Hi @bjamal ,

The one which is selected in the screenshot. 

I have one Problem: Request Details ist not visible (see Picture).

GalleryRequestDetails (Items):

//table of data specific to selected leave request item. Dynamically updates based on user selection from GalleryRequests
If(_managerView; 
    Table(
        {Header: "Total time requested"; 
         Value: _requestedDays & " day(s)";
         Image:Basel_Clock}; 
        {Header: "Leave type"; 
         Value: _selectedLeaveItem.LeaveType;
         Image: LookUp(LeaveTypeCollection; type=_selectedLeaveItem.LeaveType).icon};
         {Header: "Leave details"; 
         Value: _selectedLeaveItem.Detail;
         Image: Basel_detail_list};
         If(CountRows(RequestOverlaps) > 0; 
         {Header: Upper("Overlaps with other requests (" & CountRows(RequestOverlaps) & ")");
          Value: _requestOverlapMessage;
          Image: "null"})
         ); 
    Table(
        {Header: "Total time requested"; 
         Value: _requestedDays & " day(s)";
         Image: Basel_Clock}; 
        {Header: "Leave type"; 
         Value: _selectedLeaveItem.LeaveType;
         Image: LookUp(LeaveTypeCollection; type=_selectedLeaveItem.LeaveType).icon};
        {Header: "Request sent to"; 
         Value: _selectedApprover.DisplayName;
         Image: _selectedApproverPhoto}))

Hi @bjamal ,

If in both case there is data added in the gallery there should be data. Could you please also share the GalleryRequestDetails Visible property ? 

Visible Propoerty: 

_showDetails

I am comparing it with App that work fine. all Formulas are the same. I think the probelem related with SharePoint List ? 

bjamal
Helper I
Helper I

I find the Problem. PowerApps take the original Name in SharePoint List (Balance)  Title ( as EmployeeEmail"  in SharePointList) is created as a Title. Even I renamed It in SharePoint to "EmployeeEmail".  The Problem was "GalleyRequests" in On select Probperty.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,214)