Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Leave Requests App - Issues with day/hours counters

General info about the app

• Leave Requests app
  • Excel database in One Drive
  • Counters for several types of leave, including annual holidays, parental leave, and also overtime hours. Counters can be computed in days or in hours depending on the type of leave.
  • For each type of leave, three parameters are used:
    1. max: maximum number of days/hours a worker can take for a specific type of leave
    2. pending: number of days/hours of leave requested by a worker and waiting for manager's approval
    3. used: number of days/hours of leave requested by a worker and approved by a manager
  • If a worker is not allowed to take a specific type of leave, the max field of the counter will be equal to 0 in the database. For instance, workers cannot take "Management Training" leaves, since those are available only for managers.
  • Workers can leave the company several hours earlier than they are supposed to leave by selecting overtime hours in the app (i.e.: worker can have an overtime hours counter of -9.6 hours if he/she left 9.6 hours earlier).

Specific information about the issue

• When a worker logs into the app, all his counters are retrieved from the Excel database and stored into a collection (RequesterBalanceCollection).
  • His counters are displayed in a Gallery (Items: Filter(RequesterBalanceCollection, max > 0 || max < 0)), where "max" is one of the parameters described here above. A "Filter" function is used to exclude all max = 0, since leave types with max = 0 cannot be selected by the worker.

Issue

[In PowerApps Studio]

• The counter for overtime hours appears in the Gallery, as it should be.

2020-02-11_14-56-43.jpg

[On my iPhone]

• The counter for overtime does not appear in the Gallery.

iphone.jpg

I thought this might be linked with decimals formatting (dots or commas). My PowerApps studio is in English, my iPhone in French, and the Excel database was done with "." for decimals separators. I tried to switch my Excel preferences from "." to "," and resave the database but the problem persists.

Any idea how to solve this issue ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Leave Requests App - Issues with day/hours counters

Hi @alexlrca ,

Firstly , please check your mobile system whether meet the requirements:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

Secondly, please update your powerapps to the latest version.

If the problem still exists, I'm afraid this should be about the language problem.

Since in English and french, the seperators are different.

You need to use ";" in french to represent "," in English.

You need to use ";;" in french to represent ";" in English.

So the problem is not only the data source, but also all the formulas.

I'm afraid there's no very good way to avoid this problem.

I suggest you use the same language in your pc and mobile phone.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

First of all, thank you for your answer!

• My mobile system meets the requirements
  • I updated the app to the latest version
  • In One Drive settings (Regional Settings), I switched the Region - Locale to "French - Belgium" (it was previously in English - US)
  • I did the same thing in the SharePoint settings

The results are still the same, the issue remains. However, I don't have any error in PowerApps studio regarding the formulas.

Is there another setting I should switch from English to French ? 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I've done additional tests. Here are the results:

[In PowerApps Studio parameters (on the website), I switched the language settings from English to French]

• In PowerApps Studio: I don't have the errors in formulas you suggested
  • In PowerApps on my iPhone: the counters appear, but they're not correct. It is as if the "," delimiter was not taken into account ( -9,8 became -98, and the -13,2 (which is -9,8 - 4)  became -102 (which is -98 - 4). I checked in the database, and the data is still with the "," delimiter.

IMG_0100.PNG

[In my iPhone settings (the device), I switched the language from French to English]

• The problem is solved, and the counters appear correctly.

However, the app is used by +200 people in the company to make their leaves requests. I cannot force them to switch their phone language to English.

Is there a workaround ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,343)