cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Leave SharePoint Online form open in edit mode after save/submit

Hi, when creating a Power Apps form from the SharePoint dialog I'd like users to be able to save the form periodically without the form closing after they save which is the default behavior.  By using SubmitForm(SharePointForm1) the form closes as does when I select "submit" in the SharePoint dialog.  Is is possible to simply save the record and leave the form open in edit mode?  If so how would I accomplish this?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Leave SharePoint Online form open in edit mode after save/submit

Hi @cbernier35 ,

Have a look at the OnSave setting in the SharePointIntegration. It probably has a RequestHide() at the end, which would close the form. You should just be able to leave it at SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks I literally found it after I submitted this and said what's this? So I deleted it.  Thanks for the pointer though.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks @cbernier35 ,

If my post was correct, please mark as solution so other people with the same question can find it.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I tired earlier and it kept erroring out. I’ll try again later.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

This is what I get, Ive tried multiple browsers too.

Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you can do it later, fine. Not a big deal it is just good practice to close the item and index it properly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,127)