Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewGeddes
Helper II
Helper II

Leave request template - a few questions on implementation

Hey all,

Playing with the Vaca request app in my spare time and have a few questions on how to handle some bits.

1 - our folks want our requests to consolidate around a team - how would you best handle saving the data into SharePoint so they can see a consolidated view of their teams' vacation request and what's been approved?

2 - How would you go about hiding the manager button for folks that have no direct reports?

Think that's it for now, thanks all!

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndrewGeddes,

For your first question, do you want to save your Leave requests into a SP list?

If you want to save your Leave requests into a SP list, you must firstly create a SP list which has same data structure as that within Leave Excel table (the Original data source used to store the Leave requests within this template app):13.JPG

If you save the embedded Business data into a OneDrive for Business folder, you could find the Leave Excel table through following Folder Path:

OneDrive for Business Root folder -> PowerApps -> Templates -> LeaveRequest_2d49xxxx-65b3-xxxx-89c4-xxxx6d0da473 -> data.xlsx -> Leave Excel table

You could create following columns in your SP list:

Title       Single line of Text
Detail     Single line of Text
StartDate     Date and Time (Incude Time)
EndDate      Date and Time (Incude Time)
LeaveType   Single line of Text
Requester    Single line of Text
Approver      Single line of Text
Status          Single line of Text
LeaveID       Single line of Text

After you created your SP list, add the SP list as a data source within your app. Then replace the Leave Excel table data source with your SP list within all formulas which refernece the Leace Excel table data source in this template app.

For your second question, if you want to hide the Manager Button for folks that have no direct reports within the LoginScreen, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Visible property of the "Login as a manager" button to following formula:

If(
IsEmpty(Office365Users.DirectReports(User().Email)),
false,
true
)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Kris,

Thanks so much for the response. Regarding the SharePoint list -- I've got it saving to a list, but the issue is basically our teams want a manager view for their groups. So, they can see some view of what vacations that have been booked across their teams. Yes, you can see it in the app - but ideally they want a calandar or gantt view of what's been booked as well.

Problem is how do we give that with various groups across the company in a single site - how to make it so they can only see items related to their teams? Can't figure out the permissions in my head.

Thanks for the script!

benrattigan
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having an issue with this template that despite the users being setup with their managers assigned in O365 this template always sends the leave request to the person requesting it and not their manager.

I'm having the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,858)