cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjburley
Resolver II
Resolver II

Legacy CDS Connection in PowerApp stopping publishing

I had a canvas power app that connected to a CDS data source.

Because of licensing issues, I rewrote the app to use SharePoint lists. I deleted any fo the old flows I had used and wrote brand new ones.

In the app, I deleted all references to the CDS connectors.

Then I spun up a brand new CDS instance, imported the solution into it, rejigged all the Sharepoint connectors and the flows, saved. Then I hit Publish and... it says it cannot publish as the CDS (custom) entity is not in the environment.

Now there is no reference anywhere in this new instance to the CDS connector so I cannot delete it. I assume there must be some link in the app buried deep down I cannot access that thinks it is still connected to CDS.

Now interestingly, when I went to share with everyone it failed as it then showed CDS cannot be shared with Everyone. So at last I see a reference to it, but no way to remove it.

connections.jpg

Is this a Microsoft support call issue? I am not sure I have the time so I many have to manually rebuild the app ...

4 REPLIES 4
LanceDelano
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hey, do you have an ICM on this that we can reference?

Kunal
Microsoft
Microsoft

Did you publish the original app after removing the CDS connections and before importing the solution to the new environment?

Just saving the app is not enough since the solution has a reference to the last published app.

Thanks,

Kunal.

Sure, 120040122003143 @LanceDelano 

@Kunal, I am currently on version 80 odd of this app, and I removed this CDS connector a long time ago and have done multiple pubishes since.

I have actually found it is suprisingly easy to rebuild an app from scratch. I have maybe 8 screens in this app, and a CTRL-A and copy and paste into a new app takes only 5 minutes, (Plus the time to add connectors and flows) so I will just go that route as I need to launch this app tomorrow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,025)