cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Let users add RTF - url links to a RTF control in Powerapps? - sharepoint links ot working in RTF control, why?

I have a problem. I have created an app that is connected to a Sharepoint list as datasource.

I have created an RTF control to add data to an RTF text column in the sharepoint list.

Everything works. except when a user adds a link to a document stored in Sharepoint.

If i let a normal user create a record containing a hyperlink to www.google.com

Then it works

If i let a normal user create a record containing a hyperlink to a sharepoint document.

Then it does not work. The link that is created looks OK but when a user clicks on it, it does not open to the document, it opens to a domain that looks like this:

https://pa-content.azureedge.net

I have tried all types of combinations to add the link. But it is impossible. Every time i add a sharepoint link that starts with
domain.sharepoint.com it removes that and adds the pa-content azureedge.net link.

Why?

This kills my app completely. I need all users to be able to link to internal sharepoint documents.

How can i fix this?

I have tried to change from https to http

nothing works.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Oskarkuus ,

Add the SharePoint Library as a data source, present it in a Library then

Launch('Link to Item')

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

But i cant add all file locations/librarys to the app. Many users will attach links from many many librarys. 

I need links. 

Highlighted

To explain the problem more.

1. User create a record. Adding text and links to files and resources.

2. Other users read the records, clicking on links and reading text.

So the user need to add links to whatever they want to post/share.

Highlighted

@Oskarkuus ,

Do all users have at least read access to the SharePoint list? I have confirmed with a test this end that the URL of 

Launch(https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName/ListName/FileName.Ext)

works perfectly as long as the recipient has access to the Library.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Yes, all users have Read and Write access to the sharepoint list (datasource).

If i dont grant them read and write, they can not create new records in the datasource.

I let the usre create a post/record. I let them add links in the text, by using the RTF controller.

But how to user your solution with Launch()?

How do i let them add a link to the list. Some users might add 10 links, some might add 1. Where do they type in launch("link")?

Highlighted

Hi @Oskarkuus ,

I just picked up something else - URLs will need to be Plain text and the only content of the field, then all you do is Launch the field content.

Launch(YourControlName.Text)

Why are you using rich text?

Highlighted

I am using rich text editor so the user can make a nice looking record. They type text, add links, make som bold text etc etc.

How can i let a user add 10 links to a record that are clickable for another user?

Only way to do this is to use RTF editor as far as i know.

But if there is a way to let the end user add links to a record in datasource that would be greate.

Do you mean i need 10 columns in a datasoure that is dedicated to potential links?

So links that might be posted need to be separated from the users text?

Or can i somehow create a way so that users can add links in the rich text they are typing?

Highlighted

Thanks @Oskarkuus ,

Yes, to use the Launch() function you would use multiple columns.

You could put the code on the OnSelect of the control, so it would launch as soon as clicked.

Highlighted

Ok then i understand.

This solution changes the whole app.

Why wont sharepoint links work in a rich text editor?

Why do all other links works to other websites but not sharepoint?

Using your solution is doable... but it will mess up the whole application. I need to find some space to put a bunch of columns... i have no clue on how many links a user might be adding... so i must have a bunch of columns just for "maybe they will add lots of links"....

Feels so strange that Microsoft do not allow linking from powerapps to sharepoint adress but allow linking to google and other websites.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,080)