cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

Library Component's Properties Changing When Changing The Name Another

I have a component library containing a bunch of components we want our users to use, however we've noticed a strange issue when having multiple of the same component on the same page.

For example, I have a TextInput component which has a number of custom properties including a header text label (input text) and a hint text label (input text).

When I add 2 of these components to the screen and set their header text and hint text everything is fine.

When I then go and change the name of one of the 2 components, the Header label and Hint label are duplicated on the OTHER component.

I've attached a video to demonstrate the issue - I've ahd to zip it because it won't let me upload a .mov

8 REPLIES 8
MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

Ack, we will investigate and share the update .

thanks,

hemant 

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

This issue has been fixed in 3.21103 version. This update is currently rolling out but not available in all regions yet. Can you please verify your current version?

MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

I'm not 100% sure where to find the version, but I can see the Power Apps Release of 3.21103.27 under the Versions tab of one of our published apps.

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

@MCrawley2 When you are inside Power Apps Studio (App authoring experience), click on File -> Settings and click on Support then you will see the current authoring version.

For example,

ShantanuP_0-1635772795096.png

Thanks, our version is 3.21103.27

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

@MCrawley2 , In that case, you shouldn't see the rename issue repro any more when editing your app. Can you please confirm?

MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

Wonderful, the fix must have gone in very recently as it appears to have now been fixed. Thanks very much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,343)