cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

Library Component's Properties Changing When Changing The Name Another

I have a component library containing a bunch of components we want our users to use, however we've noticed a strange issue when having multiple of the same component on the same page.

For example, I have a TextInput component which has a number of custom properties including a header text label (input text) and a hint text label (input text).

When I add 2 of these components to the screen and set their header text and hint text everything is fine.

When I then go and change the name of one of the 2 components, the Header label and Hint label are duplicated on the OTHER component.

I've attached a video to demonstrate the issue - I've ahd to zip it because it won't let me upload a .mov

8 REPLIES 8
MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

Ack, we will investigate and share the update .

thanks,

hemant 

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

This issue has been fixed in 3.21103 version. This update is currently rolling out but not available in all regions yet. Can you please verify your current version?

MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

I'm not 100% sure where to find the version, but I can see the Power Apps Release of 3.21103.27 under the Versions tab of one of our published apps.

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

@MCrawley2 When you are inside Power Apps Studio (App authoring experience), click on File -> Settings and click on Support then you will see the current authoring version.

For example,

ShantanuP_0-1635772795096.png

Thanks, our version is 3.21103.27

ShantanuP
Power Apps
Power Apps

@MCrawley2 , In that case, you shouldn't see the rename issue repro any more when editing your app. Can you please confirm?

MCrawley2
Helper I
Helper I

Wonderful, the fix must have gone in very recently as it appears to have now been fixed. Thanks very much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,112)