cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Licencing Question

I am currently trying to create a production environment for my powerapps on an e3 licence but its not clear whether this licence grants you access to do this. I have a feeling this only grants you plan 1 features, of which creating this environment is not part of it. Would someone be able to clarify?

On e5 I have the ability required to do what I want but its on a different azure tenancy. I didnt think there was a difference between e3/e5 licences when it comes to powerapps plans?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Licencing Question

Unfortunately they are not, confirmed via support ticket. I must have a licence somehow.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

The E3 and E5 get the same license in PowerApps and that is "PowerApps for Office 365". This plan is actual a step below the Plan 1. Sometimes you are given a trial license for P1 or P2 but they are only trial offers are not part of your O365 license.

Here is a page that shows what you get for each license type.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I know that was what the page was suggesting but it seems like as an e5 user I have a plan 2 plan when i log into powerapps, however under e3 i dont see this. I expected them to be the same but I'm seeing differences.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I am in a similar situation. I have an E5 but my P2 capacities are coming from a P2 Trial subscription. If you review your subscriptions on the account that has P2 you should see "Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial" unless you have purchased the plan separately. We have been in conversations with Microsoft about these plans for awhile now because we believe that at least a P1 should be included in an E5 but as of now P1 and P2 are not included in the O365 license.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thats interesting as my e5 seems to be a full p2 licence, where as the e3 required the p2 trial which obviously doesnt let us create the production environment. I have not purchased a p2 licence seperately. I think i'll submit a support ticket to clarify as its not clear from their licencing page.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Please let me know what you find out. If they are now including a full P2 as part of the E5 then that would solve a lot of issues for us and open the door to CDS and Model Driven apps.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately they are not, confirmed via support ticket. I must have a licence somehow.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,817)