cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SliderUK
Frequent Visitor

Licencing when only two users require Power Automate Word connector

Hi All

I've developed an app in which say 15 people access it. Within the App itself there are no premium connections, it just connects to a few sharepoint lists.

The app requires an export to word facility (Word Template) which is a Premium Power Automate connector but only two authorised people need/require it. Just to clarify the flow will be executed using a button within the app.

If I connect this premium flow to my Power App will it make my PowerApp Premium?

In terms of licencing then do I need all users to have PowerApps Premium licence or can I get away with having two Power Automate Premium licences for the two authorised people?

Would it be better for me to only use the premium flow with Sharepoint only as I can possible design it to have a status/trigger to say "Export to word"?

Btw I know there is a work around without using Premium regarding exporting to word using SharePoint Content Types but there is a limit of 255 characters per field which does not fit the requirement.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unfortunately, if you attach the Premium flow to Power Apps it will make the Power App a Premium app.  It doesn't matter that only a subset of users will access the flow.  When you attach the flow to the Power app all the users will be asked to authorize the connection for the flow.  So it will become premium.

The one workaround I could suggest is to setup another list in SharePoint.  Have the button in the Power App export the information to that list using a Patch() statement.  Then have that list set to execute the flow using a When an item is created trigger.  Once the document is created you could have the flow delete the temporary exported entry in the list.  Since the flow would be using an automated trigger the users of the app wouldn't need a Premium license.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

If the flow is automatically triggered by the list you wouldn't even need two licenses.  Just the one license for the maker of the app since its triggered automatically.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unfortunately, if you attach the Premium flow to Power Apps it will make the Power App a Premium app.  It doesn't matter that only a subset of users will access the flow.  When you attach the flow to the Power app all the users will be asked to authorize the connection for the flow.  So it will become premium.

The one workaround I could suggest is to setup another list in SharePoint.  Have the button in the Power App export the information to that list using a Patch() statement.  Then have that list set to execute the flow using a When an item is created trigger.  Once the document is created you could have the flow delete the temporary exported entry in the list.  Since the flow would be using an automated trigger the users of the app wouldn't need a Premium license.

SliderUK
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

So best option is to get two Power Automate Premium Licences for the two users that require it and use it with a SharePoint list to trigger the flow and do not connect the flow to the app.

Ok thats fine should be able to work with that.

If the flow is automatically triggered by the list you wouldn't even need two licenses.  Just the one license for the maker of the app since its triggered automatically.

I am in agreement wit h @Pstork1 's suggestion it should work well and only one licence is needed 🙂

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

SliderUK
Frequent Visitor

Oh great so only the creator has to have the premium licence. Even better!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,610)