cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaraRao
Frequent Visitor

License needed to create a portal

Hi 

I am a newbie to creating power portals and have a few questions about the same -

1. Currently, I have PowerApps for the Office365 plan. Is this sufficient to create a new portal (with a database)? If not, what other license would I need?

2. What should be the ideal portal lifecycle? Create a portal in the sandbox environment (during development) and then move this portal to the production environment (once it's ready to be shared with users)?

3. Is it sufficient if I buy the Power Apps Per User or Per-App plan when I am ready to share the portal with other users?  

2 REPLIES 2
Moximox
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

no you need a separate license per portal. There are two types you can buy and both have consumption based limits. It is either anonymous accesses or authenticated accesses. Look here and scroll down to portals. 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

SaraRao
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply. 

So is my below understanding correct?
For the development of the portal (with database), I need either Per-App or Per-User plan along with my 'PowerApps for O365' license. 
And in the future, after the portal has been deployed for external (or internal) user access, I would need the capacity based plan (Login or Page view based)

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,001)