cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

License needed

I am planning to build an app for my clients leveraging powerapps, automate, BI, AI builder using sharepoint or cds or azure sql as storage. What license I need to purchase for me and my client end users? Currently I just have Developer/Community license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: License needed

Hi @gaurav_sharma ,

Firstly, licenses for  powerapps, automate, BI, AI builder are independent to each other.

You need to buy license for powerapps, license for automate , license for powerbi and license for ai builder.

1)License for powerapps 

If you use sharepoint as data source, then you do not need to buy powerapps standalone plan. Office365 license is enough.

If you use cds as data source, then you need to buy dynamics365 license or powerapps standalone plan(per app plan/per user

plan).

If you use azure sql  as data source, then you need to buy powerapps standalone plan(per app plan/per user

plan).

If you want to use all of the three data sources, then please buy powerapps standalone plan(per app plan/per user plan).

2)License for automate

Could you tell me what data source do you want to use in your flow?

Same as powerapps, if you use standard connector(sharepoint),Office365 license is enough.

If you use premium connector(cds,sql), you need to buy power automate standalone plan(per user/per flow)

3)License for BI

If you only want to use powerbi tile in your app, you do not need to buy license for powerbi.

If you want other feather about powerbi, you need to buy powerbi license based on your demands.

I'm not very familiar with powerbi license, you could refer this doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-licensing-organization

4)License for AI builder

To use ai builder, you have to purchase AI Builder capacity add-on for your Power Apps or Power Automate licenses.

You need to buy the capacity add-on of ai builder based on your demands.

Here's a doc about add-on of ai builder for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/capacity-add-on

To sum up, you need to buy standalone licenses for each product based on your demands of each product.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

If you need to use the premium connectors (Azure SQL, CDS) You need a PoweApps premium licence for each user:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Sharepoint does not need a PowerApps license but isn't the best "database" for relationships. If you are using shared dashboards on Power BI you will need a Power BI Pro licence for each I believe.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I suggest as a developer, you go for Per user Plan ($40). Then go for Per App plan for the client ($10)

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gaurav_sharma ,

Firstly, licenses for  powerapps, automate, BI, AI builder are independent to each other.

You need to buy license for powerapps, license for automate , license for powerbi and license for ai builder.

1)License for powerapps 

If you use sharepoint as data source, then you do not need to buy powerapps standalone plan. Office365 license is enough.

If you use cds as data source, then you need to buy dynamics365 license or powerapps standalone plan(per app plan/per user

plan).

If you use azure sql  as data source, then you need to buy powerapps standalone plan(per app plan/per user

plan).

If you want to use all of the three data sources, then please buy powerapps standalone plan(per app plan/per user plan).

2)License for automate

Could you tell me what data source do you want to use in your flow?

Same as powerapps, if you use standard connector(sharepoint),Office365 license is enough.

If you use premium connector(cds,sql), you need to buy power automate standalone plan(per user/per flow)

3)License for BI

If you only want to use powerbi tile in your app, you do not need to buy license for powerbi.

If you want other feather about powerbi, you need to buy powerbi license based on your demands.

I'm not very familiar with powerbi license, you could refer this doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-licensing-organization

4)License for AI builder

To use ai builder, you have to purchase AI Builder capacity add-on for your Power Apps or Power Automate licenses.

You need to buy the capacity add-on of ai builder based on your demands.

Here's a doc about add-on of ai builder for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/capacity-add-on

To sum up, you need to buy standalone licenses for each product based on your demands of each product.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,154)