cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

License question in combination with O365 org plan

Hi,

A while ago, I have build a flow in Power Apps that stores MS Forms pro answers in an created survey automatically in an on-premise SQL Server.

I am the only one sending out these surveys and using this Power Apps connection between my O365 MS Forms Pro and the on-premise SQL Server.

I only have this flow created, that is the only thing I have setup currently in powerApps...

Now I get a message that my trial of Power Apps is expiring, and I am wondering what license I need and how I can get that license. We are using an O365-plan company-wise, but my O365 admin doesn't see the Power Apps app to be licensed for me in the O365-admin console, so I have no clue on how to get this free trial upgraded to a license where the functionality that I have build is still functioning after the expiration of the trial.

Any idea if somebody can tell me how and what to do? I believe I need a "run single apps" plan but I am not sure and I also don't know how to get this into the O365-organisation plan that we already have.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: License question in combination with O365 org plan

Hi @nveger

Your IT admin will need to contact the respective Microsoft partner who they currently purchase licenses from (or if self-managed then they will need to go to the "Billing > Purchase Services" section within the Microsoft365 Admin Centre), then you will need to purchase one of two types of licenses:

If you are going to build more Apps that require Premium connectors like Forms Pro or SQL, then a Power Apps Per-user license so that you can an unlimited number of Apps for yourself.

If this is the only App that will be built with premium connectors, then it would be better to get a Power Apps Per-App license ("run single apps" as you referred to it) and assign the required users capacity to use from the Power Apps admin portal when the license comes into effect.

Here is a link to the licensing information page on the Microsoft website, which your IT admin may want to look at:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus

There is also a more detailed licensing document available on that same page, I'll paste the direct like to it here:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2085130

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,654)