cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Licenses for Powerapps

After developing an app for a couple of months I was just about to launch it to the whole organisation.

However know it seems greedy Microsoft will be charging extra for PowerApps, so it seems likely we won't have the budget to implement it.

My app will be connecting to a SQL database, which apparently will be only avaialable through the Plan 1 license.

Could someone clarify that I won't be able to do this with the current 'free' plan.

In which case I will have to connect it to an excel spreadsheet instead, unfortunately...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mbutterz
If you've not seen this thread, I think it'll be of interest to you.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Plan-Change-2-1-2019/m-p/188789#M61...
Following the conversation that I had with @rc , the conclusion is that if you're using the PowerApps via Office 365 licenses, it'll be free to connect to SQL Azure. However, connecting to on-premises SQL Server will require a Plan 1 or above license.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mbutterz
If you've not seen this thread, I think it'll be of interest to you.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Plan-Change-2-1-2019/m-p/188789#M61...
Following the conversation that I had with @rc , the conclusion is that if you're using the PowerApps via Office 365 licenses, it'll be free to connect to SQL Azure. However, connecting to on-premises SQL Server will require a Plan 1 or above license.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,768)