cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Langemyr
Helper II
Helper II

Licenses

Sad to say. Leaving the Powerapps platform since we are dependent on some sql data.

Price for 180 users became to lage.. $7200 /month for the sql connector.

Not well thought out by Microsoft.

They loose 130 E3 while we're at it

So if you ar at E3 license be carefull not to use a premium connector.

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Langemyr ,

Nothing wrong with synchronizing SQL with a SharePoint backend.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean?
Are you thinking of syncing a sharepoint list with sql and using sharepoint list for the app?

Hi @Langemyr ,

Yes - you could do that with Power Automate and one Premium Connector licence. There are also third party tools such as Layer2 that can do a job like this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I have tried this but this takes a very long time to complete. Do you have another suggestion for flow that also deletes lines that have been deleted in sqlPowerautomateHvernatt.JPG

Hi @Langemyr ,

I was just giving you some concepts that I know others have implemented, although you would normally trigger the SharePoint on "When an item is created or modified" and do a nightly refresh back form the SQL. All this of course depends on how and when you use both data sets.

The deleting part would be problematic unless you simply updated from SharePoint as the item was modified and then completely refreshed the list daily. I have also heard the tool I mentioned does the job well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,614)