cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Licenses

Hi all,

I would like get some clarity on the licensing.

1. For Power Apps there are two plans. Per user Plan and per App Plan . For user Plan - It says that per user allows individual user to create unlimited apps based on their unique needs. Am I right assuming that I could basically create a service account that can run all my apps and therefore only need ONE "per user" plan?
  2. When I have a per user plan(Thinking to use a service account with per user plan), Can all the users use one service account to submit data?

Appreciate your response!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@Nikhil_01 

#1.  Yes, you could.

#2.  Not directly.  They would have to login as themselves, submit the data to some intermediary SharePoint lists and then run a flow with the trigger “when new item created”.  Keep in mind you could not get a response back to the user from the flow.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Nikh

1.Per User Plan allows User to Create and Access unlimited apps but each user that will access the app needs a Per User Plan License, So Creating the apps by Service Account with this License , will not allow Users to access the app and submit data.

2. No Each user will should have his own license  to be able to access the apps.

If this answers your question , please mark as as solution

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,973)