cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Champion
Community Champion

Licensing Question: Sharepoint PDF's and Flow

Hello,

Quick question regarding licensing costs. Since PDF's stored in Sharepoint Libraries cannot be directly viewed in PowerApps PDF Viewer, we're using a Flow per PaulCulmsee's video here

Question is:
- Do all users require a premium license to execute this Flow or does the Flow run under the maker's license?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ericonline 

Since the flow is using http tirgger - only the maker will need the premium license

When a flow has the Power Apps trigger, in that scenario all the connections of the flow run under context of the user running the Power App and hence all users would need it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks @RezaDorrani . 

Can you point me to the documentation that clearly explains this?

I can't seem to find clarity on this scenario...
Nor this one:

- Users create new/or modifies a Sharepoint record using a PowerApp

- Flow triggered off of this action to perform premium "things"

A single makers license or do all users require a premium license?

@ericonline 

Not sure if there is any documentation that highlights all scenarios 

Nor this one:

- Users create new/or modifies a Sharepoint record using a PowerApp  

- Flow triggered off of this action to perform premium "things" 

For automated triggers - flow running on item added/updated with premium actions then only 1 premium license is required

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@RezaDorrani , what do you make of the Multiplexing terminology found in the PowerPlatform licensing guide in the regard?

See pg.2:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2085130

Thank you for the input!

Anyone?

@RezaDorrani - To be clear, if I use the method outlined by Paul Culmsee utilizing the HTTP request to display PDF's in an app, I will be the only user required to have a premium license?  The users of my app will not require the upgraded license?

Thank you; in advance, for your reply.

A~

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,865)