cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mchabra

Licensing Question

If I have a license for PowerApps and I build one on my SharePoint site, will other users inside my company be able to interact with the App without a PowerApps license?  They just have standard enterprise licenses for SharePoint and O365.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unless you are using a premium connector you should not have needed an additional license to build the app.  Power Apps is one of the included sub-SKUs in the O365 license.  It may be that your admins have removed that sub-SKU license from users in your environment to control the use of Power Apps.  If that is the case your users will need that license turned on also.  But Power Apps using SharePoint as a data source does not require additional licensing to either make or use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The standard Enterprise license includes a "seeded" Power Apps license which covers any standard connector.  SharePoint is a standard connector.  So yes, they need a license, but they have one already in O365 so they are fine.

Thank you, Sir!  Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm just moving into all this from the SharePoint Designer world.  I know I had to get an additional license from IT to be able to build these apps - is that different that what's required for others to use it?  I'm probably the most knowledgeable (scary right) about SP internally so my IT guys can't answer that for me.

Unless you are using a premium connector you should not have needed an additional license to build the app.  Power Apps is one of the included sub-SKUs in the O365 license.  It may be that your admins have removed that sub-SKU license from users in your environment to control the use of Power Apps.  If that is the case your users will need that license turned on also.  But Power Apps using SharePoint as a data source does not require additional licensing to either make or use.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,961)