cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hildasteyn
Helper I
Helper I

Licensing Question

I am the System Administrator on Power Platform.

To build apps and power flows, must my users be licensed for both PowerApps and PowerAutomate, should they be licensed for both separately, or is there a ONE license that will cover it all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@hildasteyn 

Most organisations will have Microsoft 365 licenses that covers the basic use of Power Apps and Power Automate with standard connectors (eg, SharePoint). In this scenario, no additional Power Apps or Power Automate licenses are required.

If you want to use Dataverse and purchase a Power Apps per user or per app license, that covers the use of Power Apps and Power Automate flows that are initiated within the context of the app.

timl_0-1668509464889.png

The best thing to do is to read the licensing guide, which documents exactly what you get when you purchase either a Power Apps or Power Automate licence.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/6/9568EFD0-403D-4AE4-95F0-7FACA2CCB2E4/Power%20Platform%...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Manan-Malhotra
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Powerapps subscription should be enough I think as Powerautomate is free to use however it does have limited no of usecases, so depending on your requirement Powerautomate licence might be needed, generally it should okay without it!

If a flow is created from the flows within powerapps that is included in powerapps licence without restrictions.

timl
Super User
Super User

@hildasteyn 

Most organisations will have Microsoft 365 licenses that covers the basic use of Power Apps and Power Automate with standard connectors (eg, SharePoint). In this scenario, no additional Power Apps or Power Automate licenses are required.

If you want to use Dataverse and purchase a Power Apps per user or per app license, that covers the use of Power Apps and Power Automate flows that are initiated within the context of the app.

timl_0-1668509464889.png

The best thing to do is to read the licensing guide, which documents exactly what you get when you purchase either a Power Apps or Power Automate licence.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/6/9568EFD0-403D-4AE4-95F0-7FACA2CCB2E4/Power%20Platform%...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,380)