cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Licensing Question

My organization is interested in deploying the Return to Workplace App: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/dynamics-365/msemr.pprtwsoln?tab=Overview

We currently have 20 employees, each with a license to Office 365 E2. I will need to purchase an additional Power Apps license in order to deploy the app.

My question is: Will we also need to purchase licenses for each of our employees so that they can use the app? Or, will they be able to use the app via the existing 365 E2 license once it is deployed?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@dseeram 

This app uses the Common Data Service connector which is premium.  Each user would require a license to use it.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

@dseeram 

This app uses the Common Data Service connector which is premium.  Each user would require a license to use it.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

To add to what @mdevaney said.  If this is the only app that the other users will use then you can buy the less expensive per App license ($10 per month) for each of them rather than the full per User license ($40 per month).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for your response!

From what I have read, the Return to Workplace solution installs 3 modules, one of which is to be used by employees.

Will having the three modules installed on my environment consume an additional license? I believe the per app license accounts for 2 apps.

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Since users only use one module and all three are related you should be fine with per app licenses for the users.  The person installing it should have the Per user license.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,029)