cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhanney2323
Helper III
Helper III

Licensing - Will non premium users be able to use my app?

Scenario: I want to build an inventory catalog app for my organization, but I want to use the premium SQL connector for my data. Oh looks like I need to give my account a premium license to build this, $10 a month, sounds alright to me. 

Question: After I build this app, if none of my users have a powerapps premium license and lets say I display the app as a webpart on a SharePoint site, will they be able to use it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@bhanney2323 

No, they would need licenses to use the premium features.  PowerApps does not act like a WebPart the way a normal webpart would work.  It still needs the PowerApps platform to be used, and thus, a license.

Probably not what you're looking for, but...hope it is helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@bhanney2323 

No, they would need licenses to use the premium features.  PowerApps does not act like a WebPart the way a normal webpart would work.  It still needs the PowerApps platform to be used, and thus, a license.

Probably not what you're looking for, but...hope it is helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,709)