cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dills123
Frequent Visitor

Licensing for PowerApps

Hi there,

I have created a Powerapp for my organization, is there a way so everyone can view and use it without having a license assigned?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You'll want to take a look at the PowerApps Admin center and change your roles there for people.

In general, you don't want them to be Makers or Admins - otherwise they'll be able to do just what that role name implies.

Take a look at this document on administering your PowerApps environment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bartvd
Advocate I
Advocate I

PowerApps can only be used by people who have a license.

If you want people to fill in information without having a license, you should use Microsoft Forms.

Dills123
Frequent Visitor

Ok so if I assigned them a license is there an easy way for them to have read-only permissions or something so were not able to create PowerApps?

Very interresting question. 

At the moment, to my knowlegde, there is no way to block people to create their own apps.

This creates a possibility for shadow-IT, so we decided to have a policy in place, that people can indeed create apps,

but we do not provide support/advanced help for them. Not ideal, but in the current set up, the best solution.

You'll want to take a look at the PowerApps Admin center and change your roles there for people.

In general, you don't want them to be Makers or Admins - otherwise they'll be able to do just what that role name implies.

Take a look at this document on administering your PowerApps environment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,923)