cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traverser
Regular Visitor

Licensing in power apps/power automate

Hi,

I am trying to understand the Licensing in Power apps and Power Automate, there is a lot of information but I am not able to grasp that.

- What are the various licenses thats there for Power platform
- For Dataverse as the data increases will there be additional cost if so how will it be
- if I call the apis of common dataverse within the Web Application C# will there be limitations on the api calls on daily basis.

Please help. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) Sticking just to Power Apps for the moment there are essentially 3 licenses

1. The "seeded" license included with Microsoft 365 licensing.  This gives you access to any standard connector in Power Apps.  Since Teams is included it also gives you access to Dataverse for Teams. (Dataverse outside Teams is premium)
  2. The per User license. This gives one user access to unlimited numbers of Power Apps with any connector, standard or premium.  Third party connectors may require additional fees to the third party.
  3. The per App license. This gives one user access to up to two related Apps with any connector, standard or premium.
  4. All of these licenses allow the user of Power Automate to extend the work being done in Power apps.  For example, a Power App is being used to create/edit/delete records in a data source.  Power Automate can then be used to trigger off changes in that data source without additional licensing.  Standalone flows that run totally independent of Power Apps on a different data source require their own licensing.

2) There is no additional charge for Dataverse as the databases grow.  Each per App/per user license includes a certain amount of storage capacity.  If you outgrew this aggregated resource then you can purchase additional storage.  But Microsoft says that most organizations will not need additional storage and therefore there is no additional cost.

3) Unfortunately, I don't know what the licensing implications are of using the Dataverse APIs directly in C# would be.  But I assume you would still be subject to the normal licensing limits for API calls in 24 hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

1) Sticking just to Power Apps for the moment there are essentially 3 licenses

1. The "seeded" license included with Microsoft 365 licensing.  This gives you access to any standard connector in Power Apps.  Since Teams is included it also gives you access to Dataverse for Teams. (Dataverse outside Teams is premium)
  2. The per User license. This gives one user access to unlimited numbers of Power Apps with any connector, standard or premium.  Third party connectors may require additional fees to the third party.
  3. The per App license. This gives one user access to up to two related Apps with any connector, standard or premium.
  4. All of these licenses allow the user of Power Automate to extend the work being done in Power apps.  For example, a Power App is being used to create/edit/delete records in a data source.  Power Automate can then be used to trigger off changes in that data source without additional licensing.  Standalone flows that run totally independent of Power Apps on a different data source require their own licensing.

2) There is no additional charge for Dataverse as the databases grow.  Each per App/per user license includes a certain amount of storage capacity.  If you outgrew this aggregated resource then you can purchase additional storage.  But Microsoft says that most organizations will not need additional storage and therefore there is no additional cost.

3) Unfortunately, I don't know what the licensing implications are of using the Dataverse APIs directly in C# would be.  But I assume you would still be subject to the normal licensing limits for API calls in 24 hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@Pstork1 Thankyou so much. This was really helpful..

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (63,052)