cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Limit Gallery View by Filter or Search?

New Power App builder here. I'm attempting to create a document approval app. In this I would like to have multiple galleries that only show documents that are in a stage or approval. I created a drop down list with the following choices in SharePoint:
Power App 1.png

I would like one gallery to only show 'First Approval', then another for 'Second Approval', etc. When I attempted to create the filter, it failed:
Power App 3.png

I created a dummy column that I inserted #s in to see if I had the write line of thought. This worked.

Power App 2.png

However I need it to function on the drop down menu for functionality, as I don't want the users to have to type in the selection. I'm assuming that I am not utilizing the Filter function correctly with the drop down menu. If Search( is a better option, that is fine as well! I don't need the galleries to be selectable, but only show the documents that have a specific Approval status. The columns is called 'ApprovalStatus'. In SharePoint its actual name is: Approval_x0020_Status. I'm not sure if that would effect the line of code.

BONUS!: Can I sort the output by dates, oldest at the top, newest at the bottom. The column is the default 'Created'.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Alright, I figured it out!

In my case the code is: Filter('Power App Test','Approval Status'.Value="First Approval")

So, if you want to code a gallery to only display outputs based on a value (even from a dropdown menu):

Filter( 'List Name' , 'Column Name'.Value = "Filter") 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@A-IT 

Filter('Power App Test','Approval Status'="First Approval")

Place double quotes before and after First Approval.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted

Power App 4.png

I forgot to mention I tried this as well, but it still gives an error. I believe it may be due to the dropdown list? 

Highlighted

I was hoping this would be an easy solve 😕

Highlighted

Alright, I figured it out!

In my case the code is: Filter('Power App Test','Approval Status'.Value="First Approval")

So, if you want to code a gallery to only display outputs based on a value (even from a dropdown menu):

Filter( 'List Name' , 'Column Name'.Value = "Filter") 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,919)