Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mick_swartz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Limit a Combo Box's possible selections - People Type SharePoint field

Hello everyone!

I have a scenario where I'm connected to a SharePoint List, and the field type is a 'People or Group'. However, there are only 6 selections that I want to be allowed. I think I have a solution for it, but I feel like there's gotta be a better way to attack it.

Current setup:

cmbReviewer.Items = Choices(List.Reviewer)

Possible Solution?

Drop cmbReviewer, and make it a Dropdown control, and have the 6 people listed. Then, OnChange, search the Office365Users function using that Display Name, and set that to a context variable varReviewer. Then, have the crdReviewer.Update property set to what I have below.

{
Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & varReviewer.Mail,
Department:"",
DisplayName: varReviewer.DisplayName,
Email: varReviewer.Mail,
JobTitle:"",
Picture:""
}

This way when I patch the results (multiple forms, so can't use just the basic Submit function), it writes properly and recognizes the user account.

Is this the best way to approach this? I just feel like there's gotta be a cleaner way to do this.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking through your post here, I cant think of any other way to build this that would be cleaner. If any other members of communities knows feel free to chime in. I dont see anything wrong with what you built I would just go forward with using what you have. Alternatively if you want you can always create a ticket with Microsoft Support. I'll include a link below; if you would like to go down that route.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,270)