Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvoinikat
Helper II
Helper II

Limit the usage of delimiter

Hello,

I have an app which is used by multiple people in different countries. Regional settings of their computers are different and in some case number 15.6 is using "." as delimiter, and in another case 15,6 when using "," as delimiter. I am looking for a way to ensure the usage of only one delimiter which to record proper data in the SQL i am using as database. My idea is when entering a number into the form, it to be auto-corrected (or denied to be accepted) ensuring we use only the approved delimiter.

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@dvoinikat Before patcing the data to the database you can use the Substitute function to substitute all undesired delimiters to the one you want. Substitute( yourText, ",", "." ) 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Super User
Super User

@dvoinikat Before patcing the data to the database you can use the Substitute function to substitute all undesired delimiters to the one you want. Substitute( yourText, ",", "." ) 

@CNT, thank you for your reply. We implemented the solution and now delivered for testing by users. 🙂

@dvoinikat Glad to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,952)