cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbalza
Helper IV
Helper IV

Limitations on Powerapps? - Datasource Sharepoint List

Hi everyone, I have a cascading dropdown that coming from the SharePoint list. Now, not all data were showing (only 501 items x 3 ) on the dropdown as I am not sure if there's a limitation on what it is to be shown. Appreciated the advice. Thanks!

rbalza_0-1632183833761.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, given that Distinct() is not delegable, you will run into problems getting all your data into your dropdown this way. Power Apps will read in max 2000 records and then perform the Distinct() operation internally. This means you will have an incomplete data set.

There are ways around this. First, load all 2000+ of your records into an internal collection using one of the methods you can find in the Community. Warren has some on his blog too. Then you can run the Distinct() function on that collection to populate your dropdown Items.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Power Apps has a built-in limit for the number of records returned in a query of a data source (starts at 500, but can be increased to 2000). If your dropdown's Items are being populated by a query directly off the Sharepoint List, then this could affect the number of choices that are shown.

How do you know you are missing some data? Can you share the Items property of your dropdown so we can give you some ideas on how to improve it?

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @BCLS776 , thanks for taking the time on this. I compared what is on the dropdown vs. on my datasource where I have 2000+ rows. Here's my items property of my dropdown.

rbalza_1-1632193740145.png

rbalza_0-1632193663233.png

Ok, given that Distinct() is not delegable, you will run into problems getting all your data into your dropdown this way. Power Apps will read in max 2000 records and then perform the Distinct() operation internally. This means you will have an incomplete data set.

There are ways around this. First, load all 2000+ of your records into an internal collection using one of the methods you can find in the Community. Warren has some on his blog too. Then you can run the Distinct() function on that collection to populate your dropdown Items.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,276)